This website is operated by James Eifion Thomas. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
- Who we are;
- How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information and
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who are are:
James Eifion Thomas (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purpose of those laws.
a. Personal information you provide to us:
The personal information we collect and use:
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Name, address, email address and telephone number in connection with enquiries/orders.
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When making enquiries/purchases.
b. Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer or electronic device when you access our website. We use these cookies on this website. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them.
How we use your personal information:
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To process orders, respond to enquiries. Unless for this purpose, no personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time.
How long your personal information will be kept.
We will hold your personal information for a period of 6 years for accounting purposes.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information.
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
Keeping your information secure.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal informaiton from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to the duty of confidentiality.
All data will be stored on secure servers.
We will notify you of a suspected security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA.
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. These include:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information.
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is designed to address.
- require us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold.
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us.
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please email us and let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
post: Swn yr Efail, Dinas Cross, Newport. Pembrokeshire. SA42 0UY.